This section of the platform gives you an overview of your current targets, their route, ability to edit their settings, and basic statistics you need to monitor their volume.
Note: The gear menu icon lets you customize the columns that are shown in this view, column headers are sortable, and you can drag and drop column headers to reorganize the table. Your preferences are sticky and will remain until you choose to modify them again.
The name of your target.
Ringba supports two types of targets:
- [wp-svg-icons custom_icon=”glyph196″ wrap=”i”] – Phone Numbers
- [wp-svg-icons custom_icon=”glyph208″ wrap=”i”] – SIP Endpoints
The destination is the target’s connection phone number or SIP endpoint. If the destination is a phone number, it will include a ‘+’ and be displayed unformatted with the country code. SIP Endpoints start with ‘sip’ and include the destination server address.
The number of calls that are currently in progress at a target.
The number of calls a target has received in the last hour.
The number of calls a target has received over the last 24 hours.
The target’s current operational status.
- [wp-svg-icons custom_icon=”glyph178″ wrap=”i” color=”green”] – Open and available for calls.
- [wp-svg-icons custom_icon=”glyph178″ wrap=”i” color=”orange”] – Capped by volume or concurrency.
- [wp-svg-icons custom_icon=”glyph178″ wrap=”i” color=”red”] – Closed and unavailable for calls.
[wp-svg-icons custom_icon=”glyph103″ wrap=”i”] – Edit Target
Click to view or edit a target’s settings. You can also click the target name to edit its information. Whenever editing a target, it’s important to note that your settings will take effect immediately upon saving.